My Mom is a good swimmer, a really good swimmer (like swims multiple times a week and wears a swim cap- good). I have been toying with the idea of doing a triathlon this summer. I'm not worried about the run or bike but a bit nervous about the swim. So I'm thinking I need to get my butt in the water one of these days to see what I am capable of. My Mom talks me into going swimming this morning with her. Well I'm a little on the competitive side (I get this from my father) so I'm not so sure my first swimming workout should be with my mother. But I go and... survive. That's the only way I can describe my workout. I tried to keep up with my mother and well, I survived. So I've got that going for me:)
When we were done with our workout we had a short Mother's Day Tea Party at the bottom of the pool like the good ole days. I will admit I was a little shocked the pool wasn't as deep as I remember it being. You would think after all these years I would be able to interpret my Mom's facial expressions underwater. Nope, still not a clue what she is trying to tell me. But in my defense, it's hard to look at her face/mouth to interpret what she is saying when she is wearing such a sexy red swim cap and goggles.
I can't believe I posted this picture, my mother is going to kill me!
When I got home from my parents house the boys sang, "Happy to you Mother's Day" that's really how it went. They had baked me a cake and brownies- yummo! They couldn't pick just one and they each wanted to make something. It really was nice to be able to spend part of the weekend with just my mother (I haven't done that without the boys in the last 4 years) and still have some time to spend with the boys today. I had a GREAT mother's day weekend!
I often can not help but think of Geremu's birth mother. I am certain that Geremu has an extra special Guardian Angle constantly watching his every move. When the gates of heaven open for me and I have the chance to meet her I hope she will understand what an honor it has been to have been chosen to be Geremu's other mother.
Two Women
Once there were two women
Who never knew each other.
Who never knew each other.
One you do not remember
The other you call mother.
Two different lives
Shaped to make yours one.
One became your guiding star
The other became your sun.
The first gave you life
The second taught you to live in it.
The first gave you a need for love
And the second was there to give it.
One gave you a nationality
The other gave you a name.
One gave you the seed of talent
The other gave you an aim.
One gave you emotions
The other calmed your fears.
One saw your first sweet smile
The other dried your tears.
One sought for you a home
That she could not provide.
The other prayed for a child
And her hope was not denied.
And now you ask me
Through your tears,
The age-old question
Through the years:
Heredity or environment
Which are you the product of?
Neither, my darling, neither,
Just two different kinds of love.
Author Unknown
Happy Mother's Day to all you moms both with child or waiting patiently (or not so patiently) for your child.
2 comments:
Happy Mother's Day Mama!!
what a cool poem! i love it...can't wait to see ya this weekend :)
Post a Comment