Today was the city track meet and since the weather was so nice the boys and I decided to stay for the entire meet. When the meet was over Nick took Cullen back to school on the team bus. Needless to say it was like a dream come true for Cullen, riding a school bus. I brought Geremu back home and asked him to go upstairs and get his pj's on while I cleaned out the van. Geremu got naked and started the tub, this time he didn't plug it. So I let him take a short bath before reading to him and putting him to bed. When Cullen got home he had some ice cream then got ready for bed. I laid down to relax...
A little while later I heard Cullen saying, "Get back in there!" I realized he was downstairs by Nick. Now it's pretty late so I headed down the stairs to shoo Cullen back to bed. When I got to the kitchen table I realize there was a problem. The ant farm was open and there were dead ants on the table in a pile, these ants are the ones that were affected by shaken ant syndrome. There were also ant crawling around on the table, in a water bottle, on the outside and inside of the ant farm. Nick opened the ant farm (don't ask me what he was thinking) to remove the dead ants and I don't think I need to explain the rest.
Since I was the one that originally put the ants in the farm and had read the directions I had a few tricks up my sleeve to help the cause, as well as two extra hands. About 5 ants are still in the farm the others are in a water bottle. Both containers are in the fridge for about 10 minutes and then we will try to put all the ants back into the farm. Wish us luck...
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yikes! Tell Cullen we have plenty of ants in our kitchen that you are welcome to have...
Post a Comment