Today Geremu, Cullen and me were driving home from the grocery store. Cullen was upset that I wouldn't give him a treat, it was 9 in the morning. He was voicing his frustrations and here is the ending of the conversation:
Cullen: "Hey Mom, do you want a piece of me?"
Me (with shock in my voice): "Um, yeah."
Cullen: "Do we need to take this outside?"
Me: "No."
Cullen: "Well we can't fight in here because we might pop my balloon."
Me: "So maybe we shouldn't fight?"
Cullen: "Okay"
First of all, who has this kid been hanging out with? I asked Cullen where he learned, "Do you want a piece of me" from and he told me Geremu. It's unfortunate that Geremu was sitting in the car for this conversation as he is a repeater and by this point he was already saying, "You want piece?"
Speaking of The Repeater I'm pretty sure I didn't report on this in September because frankly, I was really embarrassed about it. While Geremu was learning the English language he picked-up the saying, "damn-it", about Mid-September. He used it correctly and incorrectly all the time. It drove me cRaZy, seriously. I think he kept saying it because he got so much attention for it, negative attention, but attention none-the-less. Anyways, after about a month of it my Mother gave me the advice to ignore him when he said it and that really seemed to do the trick. I don't think I have heard him say it since the end of October.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Seriously laughing out loud! We too went through a faze (very short) with Fantaye saying Damn it. She got the attention as well, but it was Julie being upset (as she should), and me laughing my arse off at how cute it was to hear her saying it at the wrong times! For example; getting out of the minivan "Dad, please open the door damn it"! Heh! I'm laughing about it again now.
Tony we had the exact same thing. At a red light Geremu yelling, "Go, go, go, damn it." Or at a meal, "Banana please, damn it."
That is hilarious!! A couple of months ago Charlie said "What the hell?" (um, correctly, I guess...the correct context where one might say that phrase, I mean!) :) I was so shocked I didn't even know what to do, and of course laughed. Dad was the one that had the talk about that one even though poor kid probably learned it from me!
Post a Comment