Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Weekend (Part 1)

Our weekend was so packed that I'm posting in 2 posts to include as much as I can. Nick came back from his week at MSOE last Thursday night. When Nick got home the boys were so excited to give him his father's day gift they had made that they jumped the gun and gave it to him then.
Here the boys are busy making part of their father's day gift.

Another part of Nick's father's day gift was a BIG cookie, take note of all the frosting on the top of the box. I let the boys hold the cookie on the way out of the mall and clearly it was not held upright. Below the cookie you will notice the father's day cards the boys made, Cullen's was so cute and Geremu's was interesting:)

Friday morning we headed over to Minnesota early. We stopped on the way to see Nick's grandparents and enjoy a little ice cream. We also made a stop by the Mall of America. Cullen enjoyed Lego Land and Geremu enjoyed a few rides. We arrived at Katie's house with some very excited boys.

Megan took Geremu for a spin.

Curtis and Cullen hanging out.

We woke up early Saturday morning and headed north to a park to meet up with our travel group from a year ago. Everyone from our travel group made the trip to Minnesota except one family. It was so nice to see everyone and the kids. It's amazing how much the infants have changed in the last year.

Geremu and his friend Digamo at the park.

Nick played a little soccer with Abinet.

From the park we headed to the Mehaber (Ethiopian Gathering) where we met up with my parents and Katie's family. We met so many friends that we feel like we have known for the last year or so (through following their blogs) but really met for the first time. This may be hard to believe but everyone was just as cute in person as they are on their blogs, turns out pictures don't lie (with the exception of Tony's height). I was so busy talking to people that I really didn't take many pictures, I sure do wish I had taken more.

The boys were tuckered out by the time we headed back to Megan's, this was the scene in the car shortly after leaving the parking lot of the Mehaber.

From the Mehaber we headed to Megan's house. Megan had a little party to celebrate the baptism of Meredith that was to take place the following morning.

Nothing says party quite like home run derby. After the meal we all headed to the park to play. I'm certain that Cullen enjoys Megan Hugs more than baseball, sorry Pop.

The crowd, Andrew and my mother.

Geremu after the big game, making sure he had dirt everywhere.

2 comments:

hotflawedmama said...

Tony told me you asked where the rest of him was.that is hilarious to me. I think the rest of Tony landed on your hubby! You forgot to tell me he was 7' tall!

Theresa said...

It was so good to meet you. Thank you for introducing yourself! I'm jealous that your entire travel group made it to the event as only two families from my group made it and we were one of them. Take care and again, good to meet you!