Sunday, September 21, 2008

Looking Forward to Halloween

On Friday I put out all of our Halloween decorations. Cullen and Geremu were on my heels helping the entire time. Cullen is so excited about Halloween and Geremu has no idea what he is excited about but he's still excited. Shortly after decorating I made dinner and Cullen informed me that he is "not eating until after trick-or-treating". I explained to him that he wouldn't be trick-or-treating for a few weeks... I thought he understood my explanation until we were headed to the grocery store later that night and he informed me that I forgot his magic dragon costume and we needed to turn around and get it. Needless to say, this is going to be a long few weeks, I think I put my decorations up a bit early this year.

On a different note tonight was the first time Geremu told me, "I love you" in English and I totally understood what he was saying (not me interpreting something he said as "I love you").

3 comments:

Christina said...

Okay, it's official: If you're putting up yours, then I'm putting up mine. This is so my favorite time of year! (Right about now you should be envisioning an adult woman jumping up and down and squealing like a 2 year old :) ).

Thanks for the go-ahead :)

Kate said...

What a magical moment (the "I love you" one, I mean). We're still working on "Mama." I can't wait to see pics of both boys in their costumes!

Life's A Journey... said...

I put mine up today too! Just a few finishing touches to add. I bet that was one of the BEST feelings to hear those three words out of Geremu's mouth! How special!