Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Meet the Chickens...

One of the classrooms I've had the privilege of working in this year had baby chicks.  When Nasuuna had surgery a few weeks ago we got to chicken-sit.  Which resulted in entertainment for a girl who couldn't do much and two of my kids falling in love with the chickens.




 Cullen liked watching the chickens but wasn't that interested in touching them.  When I reminded him that he wanted to be a zoo keeper when he gets older he corrected me, "Mom, I want to be a zoo keeper with a net."  That ought to be interesting...  Last week we brought most of the chickens to their new owner.  The kids loved looking around the hobby farm.  I'm looking forward to the day when Cullen is walking around with a goat in his net.
*On a side note, when Nasuuna celebrated her birthday at school she got a birthday hat.  Now in Nasuuna's eye a birthday isn't really a birthday without a hat. So she insisted that we get hats for Cullen's birthday.  Everyone wore their hat on Cullen's birthday- Nasuuna has been sporting the birthday hats ever since.  Apparently it's an everyday accessory.  If I would let her, she would wear birthday hats to school- every day.  Instead she mostly just sports them around the house & neighborhood.

No comments: