Our entire family needs haircuts. There are always tears shed with who goes first. Today we did eyeballs & bumpers (heads & tails) to decide if Cullen or Geremu will go first. Geremu won and he chose to go second.
Geremu hates the noise of the clippers, it makes him shrug his shoulders so cutting his hair is a challenge. Geremu does not want his haircut and I'd grow his hair out if he still didn't take naps. His hair requires a little styling/fluffing-up if it is long and he lays on his head. Styling his hair is also a bit of an ordeal, he doesn't like it. So in the mean time, his hair is cut to a manageable length. So the following conversation is what took place after Geremu said, "No cut hair Mom."
Cullen: "Geremu, getting a haircut is like mowing the lawn, right Mom?"
Me: "Um, sure..."
Cullen: "If the grass doesn't get mowed it turns into a field. But if the grass gets cut, it's a backyard. So if you don't cut your hair it will turn into a field."
Cullen certainly enlightened me with his elegant speech and it was enough to convince Geremu to get his haircut. I guess Geremu prefers to sport a backyard on his head as opposed to a field:)
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Tariku's got the same dynamic happening. Don't cut my hair but don't comb it either. We're seriously considering dreads.
Love the metaphor!
Good job Cullen! What are brothers for. I love the metaphor. Nesh has what she calls a Fro-fro. I try to keep it in twists or braids with beads, but sometimes she goes all natural and it is everywhere. I will have to try to get pics of her fro fro and then when her hair is done. Somedays I want to shave her hair off when she fights me to comb through it, but I could never do it. I love her hair.
Post a Comment