So while enjoying the north woods Geremu received a new haircut we affectionately referred to as the 'hawk. As you can see he wore it like a bad a$$.

Two of Geremu's cousins tired talking their Dad into letting them get a similar haircut unsuccessfully. Cullen was so cute saying, "Geremu, cool hair."
Yesterday I walked into the garage to find Geremu holding a scissors to the top of his head. He asked me, "Mama, cut hair?", so I figured he was done with his hawk and cut it off. As soon as I was done he touched the top of his head and told me, "Mom, to little." The really short hair is going to take some getting use to for him but washing his hair has suddenly gotten really easy.
Cullen is also sporting a different look...

Nick is gone this week and next at MSOE. Nick has been gone quite a bit this summer, more then he ever has in the past and Geremu asks about him often. I'm trying to keep the boys busy so Geremu doesn't cry about missing him. This mostly happens when Geremu is going down to sleep, "Miss Dad" but it does happen randomly during the day too.
Geremu has been playing with the remote controlled car the boys got for Christmas the last two days. It's a miracle it hasn't been run over by a car yet, as Geremu really doesn't have much control with the remote. Okay, it's not really a miracle because hardly anyone ever drives on our street but I did find the car right behind the back van wheel today.

The boys have these lunch boxes that they use to carry small plastic animals around in. Cullen has been asking to have food put in his. So today I made them a picnic lunch using the boxes. When I called the boys in for lunch after they washed their hand I handed them their lunchboxes and told them they could eat it out on the blanket in the backyard. I got a, "Thanks teacher!" from Cullen. Whenever he needed help with his lunch he would start with, "Teacher..." then ask the question. For example "Teacher can you open my string cheese?"
Cullen sportin' PBJ on his face!
This is Cullen's "tree house" where he worked on his "homework" aka sticker book during Geremu's attempted nap today.

I can only take so much of Geremu "missing Dad" before I give-up on the nap. Fortunately, when Geremu is tired he doesn't get crabby, just wild.
Here Geremu is up from his "nap", doesn't he look well rested?

and as usual Geremu does not stick his landing. In the words of Geremu, "Funny?"

One last story, yesterday my sister Colleen was in town for her summer job. The company she is working for puts her up in a hotel when she travels, so we picked her up at the hotel. Cullen could not understand why she was not staying at our house. I gave him a few different reasons why she was staying in the hotel and not at our house. One of those reasons was because the hotel has a swimming pool. So when Colleen got in the car Cullen said, "Hey Aunt Colleen, you can stay at our house we have a swimming pool!" I'm pretty sure the hotels swimming pool is deeper than 2".
Now for a fun game, guess what Colleen's summer internship/job is.
Here's a clue:
5 comments:
Dick Rinker's side kick?
A Bouncer
who wants a big buddy?
Not sure what the job is, but that helmet is Sexy!
What kind of internship requires a helmet?? That is one cool sister! :) Geremu is rocking that 'hawk...he is too much! Love it!
Post a Comment